Until 31 March 2023 Cochrane CF operated as the Cochrane Cystic Fibrosis and Genetic Disorders Review Group. The CFGD Group came under the auspices of the Department of Women's and Children's Health at the University of Liverpool and was based at the Institute in the Park at Alder Hey Children's Hospital. Important dates in the Group's history are listed below.
- Exploratory meeting held on 22 June 1995
- Registered as the Cochrane Cystic Fibrosis Review Group on 01 September 1995
- Expanded scope to include other genetic diseases on 03 December 1997
- Title of Group amended to the Cochrane Cystic Fibrosis and Genetic Disorders Group to include expanded scope on 17 April 1999
- Title of Group changed to Cochrane CF on 01 April 2023